Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Overcoming Fear

Overcoming fear is something we all struggle with. I'm no exception. Earlier this week I was forced to drive up into the mountains to check on the home and feed the cat of an older relative who is in the hospital. Was I scared? Oh, yeah. I really don't like distance driving particularly out of the 'safety' of the city.

However, when I arrived one very upset and lonely cat reassured me I had done the right thing. He allowed me to pet him, something he has not ever allowed before no matter how many times I had visited before, and he demanded to be brushed. 

I also picked up the mail and several days of newspapers plus help arrange a local pet sitter.

My relative can now concentrate on getting well and not worry the cat is being taken care of or that there isn't someone checking on the house.

I got over my fear of distance driving and next time I won't mind the drive if I have to help out again. The reward for the benefit of someone else, not to mention the cat, was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment