Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Aliens waiting to hear about Salvation?

In light of last week's topic, All Other Creatures, which tells us as believers to preach the word of God to all other creatures, meaning anything God made, I am now addressing the issue of whether or not there might be aliens on other worlds or even beings on our own planet who need to hear the about salvation.

Granted, the argument has been given that humans alone were created. After all, it says in Genesis we were made in God's image. Yet, what is God really? He is love. He is spirit. Two things easily transformed into other beings or shapes or creations.

Yes, Jesus is the only begotten son. But who is to say that God did not make other beings elsewhere who, even now, wait to hear the good news that will be brought by us, when or if, we ever manage to leave our cradle and launch out into the stars.

I didn't think it a crazy idea. In fact, in my book God's Gift, which is on my publisher's 'to do' list and will be released sometime in the near future, addresses this very question. 

1 comment:

  1. It is an intriguing idea. I would say that it is unlikely that other sentient beings exist -- that we made up both elves and aliens to satisfy our desire for the fantastic in the interim before Christ comes and brings the fantastic to us forever. However, we believe in the existence of angels, but we no nothing at all about them. There may well be many different kinds of angelic beings. Who knows; they could hypothetically be as different from each other as we are from them.

    I still think that it is unlikely that we will ever explore the stars. I think our destiny is bound together with the Earth. However, if in my lifetime I find out that I am wrong, I will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete