Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Are you happy?

Are you happy? A simple three word sentence with huge impact. Many people go through life surviving, doing what they think they should, chasing a dream that turns into a night mare. Very few go after what they really want because they've been programmed to think that's abnormal.

After watching the Hallmark movie, Stranded in Paradise, it got me  thinking. Was I happy? Were all the survival jobs I worked for over three decades really worth it? Did I really step out and taste life?

Oh, I did a few times, but those were rare. Mostly I worked for thankless and disloyal employers, enduring positions I detested, for one reason - Money!

The Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil. Our government worships it. Many churches worship it. Every person in our society thinks it's important. Is it? It's ink on paper. Pure and simple.

Are you happy? Are you doing what God called you to do, or are you following the dictates of society?

No comments:

Post a Comment