Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why Not Question: Do pets go to heaven?

There is a great deal of speculation as to whether or not pets go to heaven and are later reunited with their owners. Since there is no Biblical basis for the answer, the writer of this blog will share a personal experience.

Acts 2:17 KJV And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and you sons and your daughters shall prophesy(publicly expound), and your young men shall see visions (act of seeing, sight, inspired appearance) , and you old men shall dream (happens in sleep, frequently) dreams.

Galations 3:28c KJV ...there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one (literally one) in Christ Jesus.

Now the reason these two verses are shared is that first, Acts 2:17 says that God's people will have visions and dream dreams. It also specifies men, however, since we are all are one in Christ Jesus, this includes women as well. Now, it has to understood that in Paul's time, men normally were the ones who led. God has made exceptions to this with a woman judge -Deborah and with Esther the queen saving her people, so we can see God will use whomever is needed at the time.

That being said, here is what the blogger is sharing about pets going to heaven based on believers ability to have visions - the act of seeing.

L.O. died when she was 19. I had had her for seventeen years. I point blank asked God where she was. The vision I was shown was of L.O. in her new body, it didn't quite look like her but I knew it was, playing at Jesus feet. She bounced out of heaven briefly to rub against my ankle in a final good bye before she went back.

A few days later, she meowed right outside the bedroom door. Now, yes, there are other cats in the house, but like any good mother, you always know the voice of your child. So did I know the voice of each cat.

A year and half later T. was very ill. I took her to the vet, found out she was sick beyond medical help, and made the difficult decision to put her to sleep. Just as the vet was putting the needle into her leg, L.O. appeared. I knew the moment the two were reunited because L.O. jumped as if the two were playing. Not long afterward I saw the soul, breath life not the spirit, of T. pass.

Two weeks later, T. came around the corner in the kitchen and vanished.

Since L.O. is in heaven and Jesus is caring for her, I saw the two reunited, I know T. also is there waiting. I have the promise that all my furred children will be returned to me when I arrive.

So, yes, I do believe that Christian's pets go to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment