Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Prayers and Christian Lives

What should life really be like for a Christian? I think too often we settle for less than who God made us to be. Or else we madly dash after what our culture teaches us we should want.

After a dramatic change in my life, I've been learning to listen to my heavenly Father and to pray for things that I don't even have yet. No, I'm not talking about treating God like Santa Claus. I'm talking about praying for those things that God instructs you to. Things that will bless and enrich your life.

My prayer time is during my commute in the morning. I listen to KLOVE and talk to the Father. It's a sweet time. I've even been known to pray for those involved in accidents or as a firetruck or ambulance passes lights and sirens blaring.

I even pray for complete strangers. Or if someone does something for me, like letting me into traffic, I'll ask God to bless them. It'll be interesting when I get to heaven to find out what the results of these prayers were.

No comments:

Post a Comment