Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Careful what you ask for

Be careful what you tell God you want because He may not give it to you in the way you had in mind.

Recently, due to many changes in my life, I told God I wanted to double my wages. What I really had in mind was to continue to work my current job while I looked for another one. Most of us figured we'd be gone by April 1st anyway due to the close of open enrollment.

What actually happened was that I was let go yesterday for a making a mistake that I wasn't even aware was one. Where the employer was a fault was not allowing me to learn from it. Instead, they took the extreme approach.

My reaction, the first thing I did was come home and talk to another former employee of the same company who gave me a job lead. Granted, it's a temp job.

What I also did was call a company who listed an opening and sent my resume off to another.

I've been unemployed often during the past few years due to the economy. The biggest mistake I kept making was underestimating myself. This time, I'm looking at different opportunities since I know the life style I would like to live and am tired of low paying, dead end jobs.

The next few weeks is going to an interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment